Estimates of how frequently data is versioned?

Carl Boettiger

May 19, 2015, 2:10:36 PM5/19/15
to Dryad Developers
Hi Dryad-devs,

Does anyone have any estimates handy of what fraction of the data depositions in Dryad have multiple versions?  (I strongly suspect versioning isn't typically very deep or very common, but am trying to quantify that suspicion).

Thanks!

Carl

Ryan Scherle

May 19, 2015, 2:40:30 PM5/19/15
to drya...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carl,

We currently have 8596 data packages. 75 of them have been versioned. The vast majority of these have a single version. Only four packages have been versioned twice, and none have been versioned more than that.

--- Ryan Scherle
--- Data Repository Architect

Carl Boettiger

May 19, 2015, 2:41:58 PM5/19/15