Druid Segment scaning take more than 5 minutes

Prabakaran Hadoop

May 23, 2019, 3:51:00 AM5/23/19
to Druid User
Hi
Any one please tell me , In druid if segment scanning taken more than 5 minutes it will be time out. How solve this issue.
Segment having around 5million rows .

Any one help me to avoid it.

Thanks
Prabakaran Krishnan

Sashidhar Thallam

May 23, 2019, 12:46:31 PM5/23/19
to druid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Prabhakaran,

Are you talking about the query timeout ? The default value of druid.server.http.defaultQueryTimeout is 300000 ms which is 5 minutes beyond which unfinished queries will be cancelled. Look at http://druid.io/docs/latest/configuration/index.html#broker. You can change this property using query context or in the broker runtime.properties to a value (in milliseconds) which is reasonable for your use case.

If 5 minutes is not reasonable you should look at tuning your cluster/cluster configuration. Moreover the segment file size should be in the recommended range 300mb-700mb for better performance.

Thanks,
Sashi

Prabakaran Hadoop

May 23, 2019, 1:25:44 PM5/23/19
to Druid User
Hi Shashidhar
Thanks for reply. I got the error message like "gateway time out".

Thanks
Prabakaran krishnan

Prabakaran Hadoop

May 23, 2019, 9:04:19 PM5/23/19
to Druid User
Thanks for your reply.

I have setup in broker runtime.properties below value:

druid.server.http.defaultQueryTimeout=900000

But this gateway time out issue continous.

Thanks

Prabakaran Krishnan

Sashidhar Thallam

May 24, 2019, 7:32:36 AM5/24/19
to druid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Prabakaran,

Looking at the broker logs might give some clues.

Thanks,
Sashi

Laxmikant Pandhare

Apr 5, 2024, 6:25:12 PMApr 5
to Druid User
Did this issue got fixed? or timeout increased to more than 5 minutes by any chance.

William Volkman

Apr 7, 2024, 6:54:08 PMApr 7
to Druid User
Both the broker and historical may need to have that value set, I was getting it from historical after I made changes to the broker runtime.properties file.  I upped mine to 30 minutes because I have a larger dataset.
Hope this helps.

Laxmikant Pandhare

Apr 7, 2024, 7:03:40 PMApr 7
to druid...@googlegroups.com
Oh okay! I updated only broker runtime properties for druidQueryTimeout and it didn’t work. I might need to update historical too. Let me give it a try. Thank you for your comment.

Laxmikant Pandhare

Apr 8, 2024, 5:07:17 PMApr 8
to Druid User
It didn't work for me. I update runtime.properties files of broker and historicals.

Alex Alex

Apr 16, 2024, 6:07:33 AMApr 16
to Druid User
try to add "timeout" parameter with milliseconds in query context. It works for me. Message about timeout of 10 minutes:
2023-10-25T12:58:45.139Z        10.140.130.131          {"sqlQuery/time":600799,"sqlQuery/planningTimeMs":797,"sqlQuery/bytes":0,"success":false "context":{"timeout":600000,"sqlQueryId":"177da0bc-1f38-414f-b503-05c2dc89e90c","nativeQueryIds":"[622f3d9f-9ce2-4bed-a110-a38fb58b9b7c]"}