How can I make failed task run again automatically?

ji zheng

Mar 30, 2024, 10:28:08 PMMar 30
to Druid User
For example,   One task failed to run due to allocating memory fail, is there any way to make it try again later automatically?

2024-03-30T19:22:08,158 WARN [task-runner-0-priority-0] org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.shortcircuit.DomainSocketFactory - The short-circuit local reads feature cannot be used because libhadoop cannot be loaded. OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO: os::commit_memory(0x00000000be380000, 387973120, 0) failed; error='Cannot allocate memory' (errno=12) # # There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue. # Native memory allocation (mmap) failed to map 387973120 bytes for committing reserved memory. # An error report file with more information is saved as: # /opt/software/imply-2021.03/hs_err_pid1471.log

Thanks.

John Kowtko

Mar 31, 2024, 8:27:03 AMMar 31
to Druid User
Hi Ji,

As far as I know only tasks that have been started by other services (e.g. streaming ingestion, auto-compaction, auto-kill) will automatically be rerun.

For batch jobs that you initiate I believe you would also have to resubmit ... but there is a Task API from which you can monitor task progress, and presumably your application can resubmit the job if the task status indicates failure.

Let us know if this answers your questiion.

Thanks.  John