How to restrict few tables and columns in Druid

kalwa rakesh

Aug 14, 2017, 3:54:03 AM8/14/17
to Druid User
Hello Team,

I am very new to Druid, Trying to explore capabilities of Druid.
1. Can we restrict particular table or column to access for user specific?
2. Are there are any Ranger specific restrictions available in Druid?

Thanks in Advance,
Rakesh

Nishant Bangarwa

Aug 16, 2017, 8:54:35 AM8/16/17
to Druid User
Hi Rakesh,

You can implement table/datasource level authorization in druid by implementing an extension following the steps here - https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/druid-user/de5db44e-9331-4538-a707-88506bb93c45%40googlegroups.com
Row/Column level security and ranger integration is still not there in Druid.

Easy way to achieve above is to use Apache HIVE to query druid (For details refer - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Druid+Integration)
this will allow you to use the security capabilities of HIVE to define Row/Column level access restrictions using Ranger. (https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.1/bk_data-access/content/config_authorization.html

Madhav Puri

May 23, 2023, 3:59:28 PM5/23/23
to Druid User
Hello,

We have a use case to implement row level filtering and column masking with Druid.

I came across this old thread and wondering if the suggestion of using Hive + Druid is still the best? I found Druid docs listing support for Apache Ranger [here] but I am not sure if that includes support for row level filtering and column masking through Ranger policies.

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Thank you.

--
Madhav

skneeli

May 23, 2023, 6:02:12 PM5/23/23
to druid...@googlegroups.com
Recently we implemented Ldap authentication using which we r restricting data source level access. We r also trying to to extend it to  column level restrictions any inputs will be appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy