Contributing to Apache Druid

Dipayan Dev

May 19, 2022, 1:22:52 AMMay 19
to Druid User
Hi All,

I have been using Druid for a few months and because I like this project, I would like to contribute to it. Since I am still quite new in understanding Druid codes, where can I start with the contribution to get to know Druid better as well? Do we have any sort of task lists for the beginners?  Where do you recommend to start with?

Need the community's guidance and help to start with my contribution to this project.

Regards,
Dipayan

Mark Herrera

May 19, 2022, 12:58:37 PMMay 19
to Druid User
Hi Dipayan,

I'm smiling with joy as I type this response. We're fortunate to have an active community, and it's my pleasure to introduce you to a few resources to help get you started.

Here is a list of starter projects on GitHub. Here is a doc about Developing on Apache Druid. Here is a page about the Apache Druid Community, including guidance on contributing. We also have a dedicated Apache Druid Slack workspace: https://join.slack.com/t/apachedruidworkspace/shared_invite/zt-143m5afbr-4ebnAPJPaQfNOUu_g1MvSw .

Hopefully others will chime in.

Best,

Mark