Setting up druid cluster

Vigneshwar V

Apr 12, 2018, 11:55:46 AM4/12/18
to Druid Development
I have a question. even though i have followed the tutorials.I still have few questions to be asked.
1) does zookeeper work in the same node as a druid co-ordinator? does zookeeper work as standalone or as quorum?

2) As part of POC i am going to have a two node cluster with java+co-ordinator+ overlord+zookeeper+ mysql on 1 node and on another node I am going to have java +broker+ historical and middle manager.Can i go with this? Am I missing out anything here?

3) Do we have to tweak any jdbc options?

Please let me know.Thanks in advance

Gian Merlino

May 3, 2018, 3:04:11 PM5/3/18
to druid-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vigneshwar,

This would be a better question for the druid-user list (druid...@googlegroups.com).

In general though: ZK could either be deployed standalone or quorum. It's your choice. And you can split the services the way you mentioned. For JDBC, just follow the directions on http://druid.io/docs/latest/querying/sql.html (using the Avatica driver).

Gian