IO error encountered

Willy

Dec 8, 2021, 4:22:37 AM12/8/21
to DropSync
I am new to DropSync but I did use Sync programs in the past and it looked straight forward. When I run a sync however the files that appear on the destination drive (right) that are no longer on the origin drive (left) do not get deleted and I get an "IO error encountered -- skipping file deletion" error. I already tried changing the "everyone" permissions on my destination drive to "Read & Write" but that doesn't help. I also added the "Administrators" as "Read & Write" but with no result.

I was doing this with test files so I had put a pic on the origin drive that was copied to the destination drive by DropSync. I then deleted it on the origin drive and that 's when the sync does not want to delete it on the destination drive.

Willy

Dec 8, 2021, 4:31:54 AM12/8/21
to DropSync
In the HELP section "Permission denied" I saw advice to visit the System Preferences > Sharing > File Sharing. This was set to off and I have turned it on yet I continue to get "IO error encountered -- skipping file deletion". I am trying to sync between two external disks hooked up to my Mac.