Setting up DropSync

Christopher Bradley

Oct 7, 2017, 10:39:05 PM10/7/17
to DropSync
Hi,

I am trying to set up Dropsync 3 but can't seem to find the answer to run a current sudo rsync that I have created.

The RSync I am trying to run is as followed btut replacing the to directory to a network location (ie:/server.local/Volumes/Raid1Replication

sudo rsync -a -e "ssh" --rsync-path="sudo rsync" --progress --delete --ignore-errors /Volumes/Raid1/ /Volumes/Raid1Replication

I seem to be coming up with permission issues, which is due to not having ownership of the files, and was wondering how I could overcome this?

Regards,

Chris

Ira Cooke

Oct 7, 2017, 10:52:20 PM10/7/17
to drop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Unfortunately this isn’t possible for a range of reasons, one of which is the fact that DropSync is sandboxed, which means that any attempt to use sudo will fail.

I’m sorry about this limitation.  If you would like a refund please let me know

Best wishes
Ira

Christopher Bradley

Oct 7, 2017, 10:57:21 PM10/7/17
to drop...@googlegroups.com
Damn, that would make it perfect! :(

I got it through the Apple Mac store, so I’ll raise a refund request through there and say that you have authorised?

Cheers,

Chris

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DropSync" group.

Christopher Bradley
Managing Director

Pastiche
+61 2 9452 4981 / M +61 448 004 234 / F +61 2 9452 4254
chris....@pastiche.com.au / W www.pastiche.com.au

Ira Cooke

Oct 7, 2017, 10:58:33 PM10/7/17
to drop...@googlegroups.com