Scripting DropSync 3

tylerdunlav...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2018, 2:02:56 PM1/5/18
to DropSync
Hello!

I'm curious about DropSync's scripting capabilities.

I'd like to automate new configurations on a daily basis, where a script would automatically create a DropSync configuration, configure sync settings, and assign source and destination folders based on current date. Is something like this possible?

Best,
Tyler

Ira Cooke

Jan 8, 2018, 1:05:58 AM1/8/18
to drop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tyler,

Great question.  DropSync does have some support for applescripting.  I use this internally to automate testing the app but I don’t know many users who use it and I haven’t pushed it particularly hard.  I guess what I’m saying is that it might be a little buggy compared to other parts of the app.

I’ll take a look and see if I can come up with a template script for you.  My guess is that some internal changes will be needed to fully support customisation.  What settings would you need to change?

Best wishes
Ira

Sent from my iPad

tylerdunlav...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2018, 12:01:17 PM1/8/18
to DropSync
Hi Ira,

Thank you for the reply. It's good to know that scripting is possible. A template would be wonderful!

Here are the settings changes from the standard configuration:

General Tab: Uncheck - Notify when a sync is completed,  Check - Delete extraneous files at destination (Right Arrow selected), and Allowed Sync Directions - Check - left to right
Filters: Add filter. Pattern: "CaptureOne" Type: Exclude
Schedule: Check - Whenever a change occurs

The rest of the configuration is set to default. Thank you for taking the time to assist me with this. Please let me know if I can provide you with more information.

Best,
Tyler