MacBook Pro M1 Max - Crash

Gabriel Costales

Aug 11, 2023, 12:11:00 AM8/11/23
to DropSync
Hello, I was using the trial version to see how drop sync would fair with cloning my portable SSD onto my NAS so that I wouldn't have to wonder which files were backed up and which were. Everything looked great and was working but 3 times out of 3 I came back to my Mac and it had crashed and restarted. Anyone have any insight on this?

Ira Cooke

Aug 11, 2023, 2:55:00 AM8/11/23
to drop...@googlegroups.com
Dear Gabriel,

I’m not currently aware of any such crashing bug, however, one possibility (if you entire mac is crashing) is that by traversing all your files DropSync is triggering some kind of hardware, or kernel problem that is causing the crash.

While I am sure that DropSync is not immune to crashes itself, the app does not do anything (other than traverse files) which I would expect could cause your entire system to crash.

Best wishes
Ira

On 11 Aug 2023, at 2:11 pm, 'Gabriel Costales' via DropSync <drop...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hello, I was using the trial version to see how drop sync would fair with cloning my portable SSD onto my NAS so that I wouldn't have to wonder which files were backed up and which were. Everything looked great and was working but 3 times out of 3 I came back to my Mac and it had crashed and restarted. Anyone have any insight on this?
No employee of TECOBI has the authority to conclude any binding contract without the explicit written consent of an officer of TECOBI. The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.

Gabriel Costales

Aug 11, 2023, 9:44:27 AM8/11/23
to drop...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a work around so I can get all my external SSD files synced up with my nas file organization?

--
Kindly,
Gabriel Costales

5690 DTC BLVD | SUITE 100 | GREENWOOD VILLAGE CO 80111

Ira Cooke

Aug 11, 2023, 4:39:32 PM8/11/23
to drop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gabriel,

Without knowing the cause it is difficult to say what to try.  You might want to try a different copying program.  Maybe there is something specific about the way DS works that triggers the issue.

Best wishes
Ira