Skipping Files That Can't Be Copied

Tara Gifford

Jul 15, 2020, 9:35:37 AM7/15/20
to DropSync
I have an external drive that I'm trying to copy from that I think is going bad. I've had issues with the drive showing up at times and at other times there are certain files that I cannot access.

I got a brand new external drive to copy my data over to from Drive A to this new drive (B).

At first I set up a top-level sync between the two drives but that never completed. I've tried smaller subsets of folders, but the jobs still will not complete. It appears that DropSync will start moving data but then get stuck on a file. I'm guessing that it is having an issue actually accessing the file. However, there doesn't appear to be a setting in the application that only tries to copy those files for x period of time and then skipping to the next file.

Does this setting exist (ie I'm missing it) or is there some other suggestion you have for getting a job to complete, even partially?

Thanks.

alts...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2020, 1:58:38 PM8/12/20
to DropSync
If it was a small number of files, you could add them to the exclude list. But I suspect you've thought of this already and the numbers are either significant or expected to be. Just a suggestion in case you are able to do this.