KIE Server execution using Java API

Vishal Mehta

Nov 29, 2021, 4:33:34 PM11/29/21
to Drools Usage

I have simple Business process with rule executed before and after RestService WorkItem BPM Process

I also defined the Rest Work Handler definition in the settings. Rest Work Handler Definition Install Rest Work Item Handler.

Using Java KIE API calling RuleServicesClient to execute Rules and BPM Process.

It fails to execute the Rest Service Task with following error Error Thrown By KIE Server

If change the code to start process using ProcessServicesClient then Business Process executes without any issue but rules don't execute.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 9.32.44 PM.png

Toshiya Kobayashi

Dec 31, 2021, 1:31:44 AM12/31/21
to Drools Usage
Hi,

REST WorkItemHandler is designed to work with jbpm so ProcessServicesClient should be used. In other words, RuleServicesClient can use bpmn only to cordinate ruleflow-group.

> If change the code to start process using ProcessServicesClient then Business Process executes without any issue but rules don't execute.

Do you mean that kie-server doesn't throw an error but rules of the specified ruleflow-group don't fire on the RuleTask when you use ProcessServicesClient?

Regards,
Toshiya

2021年11月30日火曜日 6:33:34 UTC+9 v.me...@gmail.com: