Recommendation on handling individual rules' exception

Leo Lin

May 16, 2024, 3:16:18 PMMay 16
to Drools Usage
Hi groups,
I'm looking for suggestion on handling exception when executing a set of rules.
We usually have 20+ rules in one session. What happened was that if one rule failed, the following rules won't be executed as well. Common failures are null pointer error on accessing fields or network call failure from Fact's function. Failures are from both LHS and RHS.

May I ask what is the best practice on handling these errors? Is there any mechanism allowing us to finish executing as much rules as possible and skip failed rules?

(We are using Drools 8.*)

Any suggestion would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Leo