DMN Execution run with Java Spring boot with kie Getting Skipped Status and Decision result - null

Darshan Bhatt

Apr 16, 2024, 2:04:23 AMApr 16
to Drools Usage
Hi All,

I am try to run DMN file using java.

detailed description of Issue mentioned on stack overflow.

please suggest what things are missing and is you knw then attach answer either stack overflow or Here.

Thanks in Advance
Darshan Bhatt

Darshan Bhatt

Apr 16, 2024, 2:17:27 AMApr 16
to Drools Usage
I also Attached the Both DMN file Images on Stack Overflow

Gabriele Cardosi

Apr 16, 2024, 2:22:22 AMApr 16
to drools...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darshan,
I'll look at that this morning and let you know.

Best

Gabriele

GABRIELE CARDOSI

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERS, MW

Red Hat Ltd

gcar...@redhat.com    M: +39-3461717132

Gabriele Cardosi

Apr 16, 2024, 2:38:29 AMApr 16
to Drools Usage
Hi Darshan,
could you please provide the actual DMNs you are using ? Thanks!

Best

Gabriele

Darshan Bhatt

Apr 16, 2024, 2:45:27 AMApr 16
to Drools Usage
I attach the Code of DMN file Here.
second.dmn
first.dmn

Gabriele Cardosi

Apr 16, 2024, 4:41:02 AMApr 16
to drools...@googlegroups.com
HI Darshan,
I created a project using springboot, your models, and the drools libraries with the version you mention.
I could not recreate the issue, so the models by themselves seem correct, and also the core-code seems to work.
I suspect there could be some issue in your project setup (Dependencies ? Invocations ?), but just guessing.

If you could share it, or a modified version that shows the unexpected behaviour, I would be glad to take a look at it.

Best

Gabriele

Darshan Bhatt

Apr 16, 2024, 5:04:53 AMApr 16
to Drools Usage
Hi I share all Dependency below that I use my Spring boot Project

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.codehaus.groovy</groupId>
   <artifactId>groovy-all</artifactId>
   <version>3.0.18</version>
   <type>pom</type>
</dependency>
<dependency>
   <groupId>org.drools</groupId>
   <artifactId>drools-engine-classic</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
   <groupId>org.kie</groupId>
   <artifactId>kie-dmn-core</artifactId>
   <version>${drools-version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
   <groupId>org.kie</groupId>
   <artifactId>kie-ci</artifactId>
   <version>${drools-version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
   <groupId>org.drools</groupId>
   <artifactId>drools-compiler</artifactId>
   <version>${drools-version}</version>
</dependency>

drools-version = 9.44.0

Darshan Bhatt

Apr 16, 2024, 5:06:09 AMApr 16
to Drools Usage
Ignore the  groovy-all Dependency

Thanks

Darshan Bhatt

Apr 16, 2024, 5:12:28 AMApr 16
to Drools Usage
hi ,

Standalone DMN file run successfully and I get the DMN Result but when I Import one file to another file then we get status skipped.

Can you please tell the meaning of Skipped status.

Thanks
Darshan

Gabriele Cardosi

Apr 16, 2024, 5:51:53 AMApr 16
to drools...@googlegroups.com
HI Darshan,
"SKIPPED" simply means that, for whatever reason, the decision could not be evaluated.
The very first thing to verify is that the engine receives the correct input data - i.e. that suche data is put inside DMN "context".
How this is achieved depends on the implementations, and could be a matter of missing code, or some serialization issue, or whatever - can't tell only from the list of dependencies.
After double checked that

  1. correct input is sent to the code that invokes the engine
  2. correct input is actually put in the context before evaluation
there could be some strange situations I currently can't think about

Hope this help
Best
Gabriele

Darshan Bhatt

Apr 16, 2024, 6:03:43 AMApr 16
to Drools Usage
Hi

Yes You are right,

This Both file Run Successfully on KieSandBox link is Here

But when I run with Java No any Exception Thrown by Drools just give Skipped Status.

Thanks
Darshan

Gabriele Cardosi

Apr 16, 2024, 10:24:23 AMApr 16
to drools...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darshan,
without a full reproducer (i.e. the whole project) I can't be of much more help.
Please share one, if possible, so that I can have a better understanding.

Best

Gabriele

Darshan Bhatt

Apr 19, 2024, 5:29:43 AMApr 19
to Drools Usage
Hi,

I get the below Error message in Java Code base where I evaluate the DMN file. can you please explain.

On Kie Sandbox  Not faced any error.

Required dependency 'COAPPLICANT_DETAIL' not found on node 'ENRICHED_PARAMS_FOR_COAPP'

Thanks & Regards

Gabriele Cardosi

Apr 19, 2024, 5:58:31 AMApr 19
to drools...@googlegroups.com
HI Darshan
sorry, but as I said before I can not help in any way without the code you are actually using - even a strimmed/modified version that anyway shows the problem.
1. The Kie Sandbox does not show any error and, as per my private tests, those models are valid
2. without knowing where the "Required dependency 'COAPPLICANT_DETAIL' not found on node 'ENRICHED_PARAMS_FOR_COAPP'" comes from, how the java code consume the models, etc etc, I can not tell you what's going on
3. I could not find reference on such strings on the DMNs you shared
4. The only thing that I could imagine is that some ENRICHED_PARAMS_FOR_COAPP "item" requires a "COAPPLICANT_DETAIL" item that it is not in the compilation context

I would be glad to help, but I have the impression it all depends on the actual models and java code you are using...