where does kie workbench store its data

DURGA SETTY

Mar 26, 2019, 4:45:39 AM3/26/19
to Drools Setup
Hi,

I am trying to deploy Business Central in Wildfly.
I am creating a User , Group and Project but when the VM goes down the data is lost,So where does the KIe user ,group and project data stored?

Please help.

Alex Porcelli

Mar 26, 2019, 7:58:35 AM3/26/19
to drools...@googlegroups.com
Here I blogged about Business Central storage:
http://porcelli.me/rhba/business-central/git/intro/2018/10/26/business-central-git-intro.html

However, the users and password are stored directly into WildFly
standalone/configuration/application-users.properties and
standalone/configuration/application-roles.properties

Regards,

Madalin Nedelcu

Mar 26, 2019, 12:46:09 PM3/26/19
to Drools Setup
I think that you try to use Business Central in Docker with/without Kubernetes.

If yes, you might store in a persistent volume (provided by docker or kubernetes) all "standalone" folder and to set jboss.server.base.dir as the path of that directory.
Then you have to set jboss.server.config.user.dir as jboss.server.base.dir/configuration so the server to know which is the path when adding a new user.

Madalin Nedelcu

Mar 26, 2019, 12:48:24 PM3/26/19
to Drools Setup
My personal example:

JAVA_OPTS
-Xms256m -Xmx2048m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djboss.server.config.user.dir=/app/persistent/standalone/configuration

STARTUP
$JBOSS_HOME/bin/standalone.sh -Djboss.server.base.dir=/app/persistent/standalone -b 0.0.0.0 -bmanangement 0.0.0.0 -c standalone-full.xml -Dorg.kie.workbench.profile=PLANNER_AND_RULES -Djboss.server.base.dir=/app/persistent/standalone -Dorg.guvnor.m2repo.dir=/app/persistent/m2repo -Dkie.maven.settings.custom=/app/persistent/maven-settings.xml -Dorg.uberfire.nio.git.dir=/app/persistent/git -Dorg.kie.server.repo=/app/persistent/ -Dorg.uberfire.nio.git.ssh.host=0.0.0.0 -Dorg.uberfire.nio.git.ssh.enabled=true -Dorg.kie.server.controller.user=KIESERVERUSER -Dorg.kie.server.controller.pwd=KIESERVERPASSWORD -Dorg.kie.server.id=KIESERVERID -Dorg.kie.server.controller=ws://localhost:8080/business-central/websocket/controller

marți, 26 martie 2019, 10:45:39 UTC+2, DURGA SETTY a scris:

Yogesh Jeswani

Sep 2, 2021, 3:00:59 PM9/2/21
to Drools Setup
Hi Madalin,

I was trying your approach but I am getting error saying the configuration doesn't exist. do we need to mount the /opt/jboss/wildfly/standalone folder to /app/persistent/standalone folder on our local?

Thanks
Yogesh