Access BC Workbench via AWS App Load Balancer

Carson Williams

Apr 21, 2022, 10:50:13 AM4/21/22
to Drools Setup
I currently have Business Central and KIE-Server setup in AWS running in Docker containers in a Linux image. When I am logged into my AWS environment, I can access the Business Central UI using the URL

Cool!

Now, I want put this behind an AWS Load Balancer, something I have done dozens of times. I have the Load Balancer and Target group setup. The instance is passing the Target Group health checks. I have a valid, working SSL certificate applied to the Load Balancer.

Now, I can use this URL and it brings up the WildFly splash page, so I know I'm getting through to the instance. My networking is good. My ports are good. My SSL cert is good.

https://bre.mydomain.com

But when I use the URL..

I get a connection refused.

My gut tells me that somewhere in the configuration there is a place to define the host and domain that requests will come through, but I'm not able to figure that out from the documentation. Any help would be appreciated.

Carson Williams

Apr 22, 2022, 12:15:56 PM4/22/22
to Drools Setup
I figured it out. Everything was redirecting to http. I put a redirect on the load balancer and now it's working.