integration drools workbench 6.4 + weblogic + LDAP

Pankaj Trivedi

Jan 13, 2017, 8:51:53 AM1/13/17
to Drools Setup

Hello All,

I have deployed drools workbench 6.4 in weblogic 12.1.3. I have LDAP already integrated in weblogic.

But drools workbench is not able to authenticate user from LDAP.

I also tried adding new  <security-role> as well in web.xml and as well as same group added in workbench-policy.properties. I know this is for Authorization but tried just in case.

I have created groups/users with DefaultAuthenticator of weblogic which keeps users locally in weblogic, for those users I am able top login into Drools WB.

Are there any specific configuration I need to do to say that drools workbench should connect to this specific LDAP provider which is configure with weblogic ??

Regards,

Pankaj

Maciej Swiderski

Jan 13, 2017, 1:37:38 PM1/13/17
to drools...@googlegroups.com
that looks like weblogic configuration issue as workbench relies on JEE based authentication so you need to ensure you use correct security domain for the application.

Maciej

Pankaj Trivedi

Jan 14, 2017, 5:45:03 PM1/14/17
to Drools Setup
Thanks Maciej for prompt reply. I am passing -Dorg.uberfire.domain=OracleDefaultLoginConfiguration property in startup argument of weblogic, Is that right of I need to use another one?

Regards,
Pankaj

Maciej Swiderski

Jan 17, 2017, 9:25:23 AM1/17/17
to drools...@googlegroups.com
that property is for access of GIT/SSH to workbench not to UI.

You need to look at your security realm defined in your weblogic server if that’s the one you should use. Though not an expert in WebLogic administration so you would have to check the ofical WLS docs.

Maciej

Pankaj Trivedi

Jan 18, 2017, 6:00:02 PM1/18/17
to Drools Setup
Thanks a lot. Manage to make it working...

Pankaj Trivedi

Jan 18, 2017, 6:07:44 PM1/18/17
to Drools Setup
Maciej,

I would like to know if there is a way to put authorisation at specific git repository level. Meaning that one group will have only one repository/set of rules access?

Regards,
Pankaj

Maciej Swiderski

Jan 19, 2017, 4:43:38 AM1/19/17
to drools...@googlegroups.com
yes, you can do that. I believe in 6.4 and 6.5 you can use kie config cli tool to set the restrictions on repository level. See these docs about the kie config cli tool. https://github.com/droolsjbpm/kie-wb-distributions/tree/6.5.x/kie-config-cli

Maciej

Laxmi N Reddy Madhava Reddygari

Mar 6, 2018, 5:59:22 PM3/6/18
to Drools Setup
Pankaj,
Im trying to set up and i was able to deploy drools workbench 6.4 in weblogic 12.1.3. I have LDAP already integrated in weblogic and looking for documentation on how to grant access to my business users AD group a analyst role.
Can you please provide me the steps on how you were able to get this working?

Appreciate all your help!

Thanks!

Alexandre Porcelli

Mar 11, 2018, 12:12:55 PM3/11/18
to drools...@googlegroups.com
Workbench uses container-based authentication, so likely to have a
problem with your config somewhere.

With that said... I'd like to head up that we won't provide
support/distributions of Workbench for multiple application servers
anymore. We're focusing on WildFly and JBoss EAP.
Regards,
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/drools-setup/fae9a949-f6f8-49fc-80ae-700ba9d21c10%40googlegroups.com.

Jigen Patel

Apr 4, 2022, 12:05:24 AM4/4/22
to Drools Setup
Hi Strive

I am trying to configure LDAP in drools but somehow it was not working and I am not getting any log error while trying to login only got message like user not authorized so can you please share how you achieve this.

If you have any proper documentation then please share it with me.

Thanks,
Jigen Patel