java heap size error in Business central 7.x

Meli

Jan 27, 2021, 3:49:01 PM1/27/21
to Drools Setup
hello Team:

I have got  java heap size error during validating a rule in Business central 7.x UI. I am using wildfly 19.0.0 and modified vi /opt/wildfly19/bin/standalone.conf
as following
JAVA_OPTS="-Xms1G -Xmx1Gm -XX:MetaspaceSize=512M -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=1024m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"

I set xms and xmx to 1G however, still having the issue.my question is
1 what is the recommended size to set on xms and xmx?
2 is there any other solution for this issue

thanks

Meli

Jan 28, 2021, 5:31:41 PM1/28/21
to Drools Setup
can someone look into the above issue?

thank you

Vishnu Chalil

Jan 28, 2021, 10:51:19 PM1/28/21
to drools...@googlegroups.com
I don't know the right heap size for this , but the following below did help me.

-Xms64m -Xmx1G -XX:MetaspaceSize=2G -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=2G -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

Also for me even after setting in the standalone.conf the value wasn't reading. Make sure the initial part of the log prints the value you gave and not the previous one. For me I had to set an  environment variable of name JAVA_OPTS with above value for it to really work. If you look the standalone.conf it is written to read the environment variable first and if not available then from configuration.

But if you just had to make some POCs for testing or working on local you could use the docker image available.If you use a showcase image it already comes with prebuilt users and role and needs no configuration to run. Up the kie workbench and kie server with following commands.

docker run -p 8080:8080 -p 8001:8001 -d --name drools-wb jboss/drools-workbench-showcase:latest

docker run -p 8180:8080 -d --name kie-server --link drools-wb:kie-wb jboss/kie-server-showcase:latest

if the business central gets slow while running on containers increase the resource allocation for docker.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Vishnu Chalil
Associate Engineer
INDIA | USA | UK | ISRAEL

DISCLAIMER: The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. Any opinions, advice or communication whatsoever contained herein are subject to the terms and conditions of the written and executed Agreement/Contract with Litmus7 by the intended recipient. In case of absence of such a written and executed Agreement/Contract, this communication shall not be legally binding and any responds/reactions resulting from this communication shall not be endorsed by Litmus7. Litmus7 do not guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

Melat Hadgu

Jan 29, 2021, 2:26:40 AM1/29/21
to drools...@googlegroups.com
Got it, thank you so much.