Business Central Image Can't Contact Maven Repository

Michael Maryon

Jan 10, 2023, 1:57:08 PM1/10/23
to Drools Setup
Hello,

I'm playing around with the Business Central docker image (v7.73.0.Final) found here in an air gap environment. I'm receiving failures while creating an asset similar to the one described in this thread

Specifically, I see errors stating "Could not transfer artifact org.default:artifact:pom:1.0.0 from/to central (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)". I have access to a locally hosted maven repo that I reference frequently in my settings.xml outside of this docker image.

I see here in your documentation that one can specify the location of a settings xml file. Will it be sufficient to set this field in the docker command to that starts the container from the image? For example, could I run something like the following to provide the path to the settings.xml:

docker run -p 8080:8080 -p 8001:8001 -d --name business-central-workbench quay.io/kiegroup/business-central-workbench:latest --kie.maven.settings.custom /path/to/settings.xml

Thanks in advance.

Michael Maryon

Jan 11, 2023, 10:49:32 AM1/11/23
to Drools Setup
I extended the Dockerfile so that it copies over my settings.xml into the container. I was able to successfully add this by  using the following Dockerfile:

FROM  quay.io/kiegroup/business-central-workbench:latest
COPY settings.xml /opt/jboss/.m2/settings.xml
USER root
RUN chown jboss:jboss  /opt/jboss/.m2/settings.xml
USER jboss

 The error still persists but for a different reason. I'll submit another question for that with the updates.