Diplicity live in Play store

Martin Bruse

Mar 9, 2017, 12:45:52 AM3/9/17
to droi...@googlegroups.com
I finally took the leap, and published Diplicity as a production (as opposed to beta) app.

Be aware that it doesn't have feature parity with Droidippy.

It has only the features I felt were necessary for game play along with the features I myself wanted.

In essence, it's a public email, public games, self moderated, ELO rated dippy server with an OK (I'm no UX expert, sorry) Android client.

It's more open source than Droidippy, with more modern and accessible source code available at GitHub (from a link in the game).

For an intrepid diplomat, adding more features is (if not trivial) highly possible.

It has a server designed from scratch to be agnostic as to which client is used, so there will be (already one in the works) other clients to the same server.

Some features it has that Droidippy doesn't:

- Group chats (three to six participants).
- Glicko (ELO variant) scores for all games.
- More visible way to mute abusive players in single games.
- Way to black-list players you never want to play again.
- Public listing of player created games.
- RESTful server accessible for any client developer anywhere.
- A new user interface to love or hate.

Some features of Droidippy that it doesn't have:

- Server managed game queue.
- Invitation codes or notifications.
- Finished web client (one is being built at https://github.com/spamguy/dipl.io).
- Country color configuration.
- Anonymous chat.
- Anonymous games.
- Games with chat turned off.
- The same familiar loved and hated user interface.

Chris Babcock

Mar 9, 2017, 5:31:19 PM3/9/17
to droi...@googlegroups.com
With this announcement, I'm ready to start work on a hybrid (Android and iOS) client. Please contact me if you have an iPhone and want to be on the beta list.

Chris

Gabe

Mar 10, 2017, 1:59:14 AM3/10/17
to droi...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great might even drag me out of retirement

dec...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2017, 4:32:47 AM10/23/17
to Droidippy
Hi, I'm interested.

ba44...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2017, 8:42:47 PM11/18/17
to Droidippy
I have an iPhone. I was a big fan of droidippy. I am interested in the beta of the new app

mhag...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2019, 11:05:15 AM3/28/19
to Droidippy
Hi Martin !
I've switched back to iOS a few years ago and I miss Droidippy/Diplicity, may I ask whether there's any plan to release it for this platform ? I remember being excited about the potential port to iOS when Diplicity was announced,  I can't wait :D