Some Devices show only CD/DVD

Andrew Dillon

Mar 4, 2014, 5:29:10 PM3/4/14
to drive...@googlegroups.com
Some devices show only CD/DVD and not a flash drive. For example the Note 3 stock rom. What is needed to fix this issue. New kernel?, update a few systems files maybe?

FrozenCow

Mar 5, 2014, 6:04:36 AM3/5/14
to Andrew Dillon, drive...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the kernel needs support for this. Most stock kernels only have USB-emulation, some stock kernels only have CD-emulation. None of the stock kernels have the ability to switch between the two, that's why a custom kernel is needed. A number of CyanogenMod kernels have support for this, but as far as I can tell, the Note 3 doesn't yet.
I'll have to submit a patch to CyanogenMod to make this work. However since CyanogenMod isn't stable yet for Note 3, if you have a different custom rom/kernel that you use, let me know and send me the link.