AQN

L O

Mar 5, 2021, 3:55:48 PM3/5/21
to dripinvestingorg...@googlegroups.com
FYI, AQN doesn't have a share purchase plan, as far as I am aware. So a starter share won't do you any good to acquire additional shares.

Christopher McCrory

Mar 5, 2021, 11:52:26 PM3/5/21
to Dividend Investing - Share Exchange
Crap. I thought they might offer cash purchase through AST.

So a synthetic drip through a brokerage? I have Questrade but I don’t think they honour the drip discount. I am hoping to take advantage of that. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chris

George L Smyth

Mar 6, 2021, 7:16:51 AM3/6/21
to dripinvestingorg...@googlegroups.com
I use Ally, though there are many other alternatives.  If you are Canadian then the issue may be more difficult, as you may not be allowed the same choices.  If so then please post the ideas here, as this is a common problem.

Cheers -

george

Steve Morales

Mar 9, 2021, 12:39:18 PM3/9/21
to Dividend Investing - Share Exchange
Wow, and just when I thought I finally understood how to get started with their DRIP. Man, this process is confusing.

Steve Morales

Mar 9, 2021, 12:41:06 PM3/9/21
to Dividend Investing - Share Exchange
Some brokers do offer the discount - RBC Direct Investing and QTrade, apparently - but I find their fees a bit prohibitive. Might work for you though.

canuck driper

Mar 9, 2021, 8:25:08 PM3/9/21
to Dividend Investing - Share Exchange
Although you won't be able to get the drip discount, you should look at wealthsimple trade. There are no fees for buying canadian stocks and although they don't have an automatic drip, you can use any dividend to buy more shares/top up with cash to buy an additional share (as they only allow whole and not fractional shares).

This is what I do for my CDN stocks where the drips don't allow OCP like AQN. Hope that helps