SIN/Tax or Other Identifying number on back of Share Certificate

Artista

Sep 6, 2021, 5:02:21 PM9/6/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
HI All,

My first and only time selling my Starter Share Certificates.  I have one paper share  that says I must insert SIN/Tax or Other Identifying number on the back.  I am definitely not putting our sin numbers... anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks a bunch,
Joan

Enrich Living

Sep 9, 2021, 2:23:16 AM9/9/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
The SIN is that of the transferree (person share is being transferred to). It's optional, you are not expected to ask for it, and you can leave it blank if you're submitting the completed and guaranteed certificate to the transfer agent.

However, usually with an in-person trade, it's appropriate to sell the completed and guaranteed certificate to the transferree, so that they can either pay the postage or walk it in if there's a local TA office. In that case they can choose to fill in that number if they want. If it's left blank the TA will eventually get it through mailing them paperwork to tax certify the account (or Computershare allows them to tax certify online).

Jerry Lee Daniel

Nov 28, 2023, 8:38:43 AM11/28/23
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors

MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+44 7405 896213