Selling Riocan Shares

Nev

Mar 2, 2021, 4:49:55 PM3/2/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
I have some Riocan shares enrolled in a DRIP through AST. I have never sold a share before, but since Riocan has suspended their DRIP program, I am looking to sell these shares.

I had thought a transfer agent like Computershare would be able to sell the shares for me. AST has informed me they are not a licensed broker and cannot sell shares held in direct registration or certificate form. I will need to withdraw the shares to a certificate and then go to a broker of my choosing.

Has anyone had experience selling their Riocan shares? I don't have any brokers that I use so what's the process in bringing my certificate to a broker to sell for me?

Thanks

Stuart MacDonald

Apr 1, 2021, 10:10:09 PM4/1/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
How many Riocan shares are you selling? I might be interested.

...Stu (studog on the old boards)

Nev

Jul 4, 2021, 11:57:41 AM7/4/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
I have about 110 shares to sell.