Are shares in Transfer Agents in DRS form

bobby clobber

Dec 9, 2022, 9:53:38 PM12/9/22
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
Sorry i posted this originally in the "Money and Tax" board by a mistake, still getting use to google groups.

Hi
I went to TD Canada Trust today and asked if they can fill out the form to transfer my BNS, BMO and TRP held at computershare and my CIBC shares held at TSX Trust to my TD Direct Investing account.
The agent told me if the shares are in DRS format and I have the DRS number associated with each Company, they could fill out the form and make the transfer.

Question:  I have had these shares in these companies since 2010 and have no idea if they are in DRS format and where the number  DRS number associated with each company is (can i see it when i log into computershare, TSX trust)?

Does anyone know if you have to first request DRS format or whether it was automatically done by the transfer agents?
thanks
bob

bobby clobber

Dec 10, 2022, 7:14:30 PM12/10/22
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
All
I wanted to end the drip program and have the shares deposited in my TD Direct Trading.  That is why i thought i needed the DRS format.
For computershare, there is a tab "withdraw shares". When you select it there is a note "functionality is currently not supported, you are being redirected to the standard version of the investor center".  When you go there is shows you name, address, account info etc, and there is a pick for "all available shares and terminate plan"  It states a certificate (does not say paper or drs) will be mailed to the address that is shown and you will get a cheque for the dollar amount of the fractional shares.
For TSX trust - If you go under your Dividend Reinvestment tab, at the very bottom there is a pick for terminate program.  Again will send a certificate, in my case it indicates it is in DRS as that is the only option to select.  The certificate mail to you. Any fractional shares dollar value is mailed to you

Hope this helps and is correct
Anyone having any experience with this please post and comment

thanks
bob

henry mah

Dec 11, 2022, 8:17:42 AM12/11/22
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
I would think that you can just fill out a "Securities Transfer Form", to have the shares moved to TD. Then include a Letter of Explanation.

Jerry Lee Daniel

Nov 28, 2023, 7:44:22 AM11/28/23
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+44 7405 896213