Shares in trust question

ADL

Oct 27, 2021, 9:29:06 PM10/27/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
I set up DRIP's for my kids when younger and now one of them has turned 19.  I submitted transfer docs and letter of direction to change registration from "In Trust" to my daughter directly.  Computershare did this without incident.  AST on the other hand terminated the DRIP account and issued a cheque for fractional shares and a certificate for whole shares.

I am tempted to send the share cert back to AST with the fractional cheque and tell them to do what I asked and make it right.

Any one have experience with this?

MTL guy

Nov 2, 2021, 10:11:53 PM11/2/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
Hi ADL,

I don't have an answer to your question, but i was hoping you can help me out. I was interested in setting something similar for my kids and didn't know the best way to do so.
I don't believe i can open an account in their names if they are less than 18? Can you guide me on how to setup up the accounts?
thx,

ADL

Nov 4, 2021, 9:18:18 PM11/4/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
Happy to assist with setting it up for your kids.  You can email me on a...@parallelproductionservices.com

Allan

Malcolm

Nov 27, 2021, 12:07:59 PM11/27/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
We just recently transferred my daughters shares registered "In Trust" for her into her name as she turned 16 this past summer. We were able to open a bank account at Simplli Financial fee free for her so we thought this was a good time. We submitted the transfer forms to both Computershare and CST at the same time at the end of August. Computershare acted quickly and completed the process. CST on the other hand, just completed the transfer this week. In our experience CST is always the slow Transfer Agent to work with. When filling out the transfer forms, trying to locate a local banking institution that provides the "Guarantee Stamp" was a frustrating challenge. We bank with multiple institutions and none of them would provide the stamp as they called the transfer forms "non company paper work". We finally were able to locate a BMO that would give us the "Medallion Stamp". The whole process took 3 - 4 months to complete.

Looking back at what we did for our children, setting up DRIPS "In Trust" was a no brainer. We were able purchase shares over the years for our kids in multiple companies in their name. Looking forward, working with the transfer agents and trying to transfer the shares from "In Trust" to the child may be challenging unless the Transfer Agents change their requirements. Our experience is the local banking institutions don't want to provide the "guarantee stamp". I am sure we can pay for it but one should not have to. We were lucky to locate the "Medallion Stamp" and BMO was willing to help us. We will find out in 2 years as we need to transfer "In Trust" to our last child.

For those that often challenge or debate if DRIPS work. I use my children's accounts as examples to prove how well they work. The "In Trust" accounts have been great learning experiences for children.

Jerry Lee Daniel

Nov 28, 2023, 8:38:28 AM11/28/23
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+44 7405 896213