Transferimg stocks to my daughter

Kingsley Welton

Jun 23, 2022, 2:35:47 PM6/23/22
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
Called computer share. Seems easy, as I can fill out a form, they transfer shares to her name, at no cost. I expect I will have to pay capital gains..
Can anyone confirm is it as simple as I was advised?

Stuart MacDonald

Jun 24, 2022, 6:11:19 PM6/24/22
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
If you have shares in certificate, DRIP or DRS form, directly in your name, then yes, it should be that easy.
If you have certificates you're transferring, there's an added step where you'll have to get a Medallion STAMP or signature guarantee on the transfer form. This can be tricky but it's not the Transfer Agent's fault.

When you transfer ownership the gift will be a deemed sale in CRA's view so you'll have to calculate your capital gain/loss and report that accurately.

Since it's a gift, your daughter's starting adjusted cost basis will be the same as your ending adjusted cost basis. Hm. I think. Maybe double check that one with an accountant.

Kingsley Welton

Jun 24, 2022, 6:34:17 PM6/24/22
to dripinvestingorg...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks..

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 24, 2022, at 6:11 PM, Stuart MacDonald <stuartm...@gmail.com> wrote:

If you have shares in certificate, DRIP or DRS form, directly in your name, then yes, it should be that easy.

Jerry Lee Daniel

Nov 28, 2023, 8:01:35 AM11/28/23
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+44 7405 896213