Will demise of DRIPS be in next few years or do you think they will survive?

T S

Jul 13, 2021, 7:18:39 PM7/13/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
With Wealthsimple Trade now offering Canadians zero commission trades is there any point to setting up DRIPS the old fashioned way?  Are others considering ending Dripping in favour of Wealthsimple Trade?

GLSmyth

Jul 14, 2021, 10:45:42 AM7/14/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
That is going to be the topic of next month's blog article (https://www.dripinvesting.org/blog/).  Spoiler alert (keep in mind that I am American, so I don't have the issues you guys have): I stopped doing traditional DRiPs a while back, as there is no advantage, and only disadvantage, in doing so.

Cheers -

george