Which broker to use to sell shares?

Nev

Jul 4, 2021, 11:58:43 AM7/4/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors
I have some shares on AST and was told to use a broker to sell these shares.

Does anyone know of a low cost broker that would sell certificated or DRS shares?

Thanks

T S

Jul 13, 2021, 2:02:50 PM7/13/21
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors

You have to get AST to either issue a certificate for the plan shares (or portion thereof) or preferably issue you a DRS (Direct Registry Share) statement.  You can accomplish this on the AST website through the investor sign in or by snail mailing a letter in to AST requesting a certificate or DRS shares ensure you reference your AST account number etc. in your letter.  Once you receive the DRS statement or share certificate you can then take that to your discount broker to deposit to your account.  Avoid ScotiaItrade and Questrade as they will charge you to deposit the DRS shares/certificate into your account.  RBC Direct Investing, National Bank Direct Brokerage, CIBC Investor's Edge do not have any fees to deposit your certificate/DRS shares.  As for the other discount brokerages (BMO, TD, HSBC,Qtrade etc.) I don't know so check their websites/ask questions to clarify.  Perhaps your shares are already certificated or in DRS if this is the case ignore my first sentence.

Jerry Lee Daniel

Nov 28, 2023, 8:41:44 AM11/28/23
to Dividend Investing for Canadian Investors

MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+44 7405 896213