Introduction

Chris Carrico / Kabiri Galli

Apr 14, 2008, 10:13:49 AM4/14/08
to Drexel Island
Hi everyone:

I can see that this is not a very chatty list. At least not at the
moment.

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris Carrico and I am
currently an adjunct in the Department of Culture and Communication.
My degree is in Cultural Anthropology -- from Temple. I'm currently
teaching the online version of Industrial Sociology remotely from
Guyana, South America, where I came to do follow-up research after
completing my dissertation. I'm planning on using Second Life to
teach a few of my classes synchronously. I'll probably give a
PowerPoint presentation and maybe show video (if I can get it to work)
and then have the class break down into discussion groups. I've
designed a Culture and Communication Meeting Room in the South
Building where I will hold my class.

I wanted to find out if there is anyone else from my department on
this list. Or even... anyone else from the College of Arts and
Sciences who is not in the physical sciences. If so, in what ways
have you been using SL?

Thanks for your help,

Chris (Kabiri Galli in SL)

Jean-Claude Bradley

Apr 14, 2008, 8:47:29 PM4/14/08
to drexel...@googlegroups.com, Erica Yuen, James Herbert, Beth Ritter Guth
Chris
Welcome to the list!
Yes it has not been busy here lately, as most people have completed their projects on Drexel Island.   See the groups link for info on that :
http://drexelisland.wikispaces.com/

As far as CoAS members not in the physical sciences, James Herbert and his student Erica from psychology are about to start a project.  Otherwise, I'm copying Beth Ritter-Guth from LCCC who has a little space in the southeast corner.  She has run classes in a manner similar to the way you describe I think and maybe can give some input.

Don't hesitate to ask for help or advice on the list.

Jean-Claude
--
Jean-Claude Bradley, Ph. D.
E-Learning Coordinator for the College of Arts and Sciences

http://drexel-coas-elearning.blogspot.com
http://drexel-coas-talks-mp3-podcast.blogspot.com/
http://usefulchem.blogspot.com