editor integration?

Nikola

Mar 18, 2010, 5:45:19 AM3/18/10
to DreamPie
DreamPie is a great shell and I find myself wanting to try most of my
code there, constantly copying and pasting from / to an editor. What
is your workflow with DreamPie? What would a light integration with an
editor look like - I wish the code I copied from the editor got
automatically updated with the latest version in DreamPie on pressing
a hotkey. Or maybe I need a version of history that contains only last
version of a chunk of code I modify several times?

Noam

Mar 23, 2010, 4:38:22 AM3/23/10
to DreamPie
When I want to do that, I edit the code in the editor, and type in
DreamPie "execfile(filename)" every time I change the code. Well, I
actually type "execfile" once and then I only have to type "e", ctrl
+up, enter. If I want to be sure that I have no side-effects from the
previous run, I press ctrl+F6 first, to restart the session.

Does this help?

Noam

Nikola

Mar 25, 2010, 12:03:14 PM3/25/10
to DreamPie
Thanks for the answer - that could help when I'm batch-processing, but
not that much. I prefer to write the code snippets for the first time
in DreamPie, so that I get auto-completion and test it immediately. I
write an entire function and execute it, then I go back and modify,
when it is ready (for the moment) I copy the function to the editor.
Later I realize I need to change it, copy back to DreamPie, edit, etc.

Nikola