bpython website mention

Bob Farrell

Apr 20, 2011, 9:22:48 AM4/20/11
to DreamPie
Hi there,

I'm the author of bpython (http://www.bpython-interpreter.org/) and it
seems we get a fair number of people asking if bpython has feature X
or Y (and some of them even manage to be polite when we tell them
'no' !) - stuff like "does it run on Windows ?", "does it have block
history ?" etc., etc.. So seems like these people could do with
another piece of software that better suits them, so we've added a
section to the website with a list of alternative shells that people
may want to try - dreampie, IPython, and any others that we come
across. bpython isn't a dead project but hardly anybody does any work
on it these days, so I'd like to encourage other projects as much as I
can.

Good luck with the project - I haven't used it but from the
screenshots and description (and feedback from others) it looks like a
pretty powerful tool you've developed; I hope it's still going
well. :-)

All the best,