normal and rolling direction information from pole figure

tariq ali

Oct 30, 2022, 5:10:47 AM10/30/22
to dream3d-users
hi Mike
I am constructing 3d microstructure  geometry in dream3d. Actually I am giving initial texture to the grains in ODF tab. After constructing the geometry I am exporting damask files and I have to run simulation in damask. Currently my misunderstanding regarding pole figures in  ODF tab is that the pole figures showing X and Y directions. So after constructing the microstructure I have to apply compression load in the normal direction to the geometry in the Damask software. In order to know from the pole figure it is very hard that which axis is rolling and which axis is normal directions. Because in paraview the 3d  geometry having x, y and z directions and we have to apply load according to the x, y and z directions. For this purpose it is necessary to know about normal and rolling directions.  Also I am selecting equiaxed grains initially, Can you help how to know about the normal and rolling direction from the pole figure? And also when we assign initial texture to the grains so how this texture is distributed among the grains?
thanks in advance