Hanging too long during pipeline running

Saurabh

Apr 20, 2020, 9:10:43 AM4/20/20
to dream3d-users
Hii group members, has any of you ever come across a situation where the program takes too long to run the pipeline, in particular "Insert Precipitate Phases". Please check the issue in the inserted image below and a workaround for this will be highly appreciated..

Capture.PNG

Michael Jackson

Apr 20, 2020, 9:39:10 AM4/20/20
to Saurabh, dream3d-users
This can happen if the input statistics approach certain edge cases. The only advice I can offer is to force quit DREAM.3D and then try again with slight different statistics. Usually the percent of precipitates is too large and the algorithm cannot match the requested statistics so one of the inner loops never exits.

--
Mike Jackson

On 4/20/20, 9:10 AM, "Saurabh" <dream3...@googlegroups.com on behalf of saurab...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hii group members, has any of you ever come across a situation where the program takes too long to run the pipeline, in particular "Insert Precipitate Phases". Please check the issue in the inserted image below and a workaround for this will be highly appreciated..

<about:invalid#zClosurez>

Saurabh

Alex G

Oct 7, 2022, 1:33:20 AM10/7/22
to dream3d-users
Could  you elaborate on what the edge cases are? I'm having the same issue when trying to generate two phase structure. The pipeline almost always hangs on inserting precipitates when the size of the precipitates are approx 10 times smaller than average size of primary phase. But I have not found exact problem with statistics to avoid this.

понедельник, 20 апреля 2020 г. в 18:39:10 UTC+5, mike.j...@bluequartz.net:

Michael Jackson

Oct 7, 2022, 9:48:03 AM10/7/22
to Alex G, dream3d-users

The algorithm I think has an implicit assumption that the volume percent of precipitates should not exceed about 5~10%. There are also issues if you try to cram too many precipitates at the grain boundaries and the system cannot make that happen. These areas will produce infinite loops inside the algorithm.

--

Mike Jackson