How to use the filter 'Export 3d Solid Mesh'

pengfei shen

Oct 21, 2021, 4:52:31 PM10/21/21
to dream3d-users
Hello All

Has anybody use the filter 'Export 3d Solid Mesh' to generate volume mesh? Do I need to install the tool package first before I use them in dream3D?
I install 'NetGen' in my computer. In the 1st picture, I need to fill in the tool package location. does this location have to be the location of 'netgen.exe' in the 2nd pic?
WeChat Screenshot_20211021143718.png
WeChat Screenshot_20211021143921.png

Best
Pengfei

Michael Jackson

Oct 23, 2021, 1:26:10 PM10/23/21
to pengfei shen, dream3d-users

The “Package Location” parameter should be correct for what you have but unfortunately after looking at the code it is strictly looking for “netgen” and not “netgen.exe” which is probably what you have on Windows.

https://github.com/BlueQuartzSoftware/SimulationIO/issues/17

--

Michael Jackson | Owner, President

      BlueQuartz Software

[e] mike.j...@bluequartz.net

[w] www.bluequartz.net

Michael Jackson

Oct 27, 2021, 10:35:42 AM10/27/21
to pengfei shen, dream3d-users

Dear Pengfei,

   The latest 6.5.160 release should fix this issue for you.

--

Mike Jackson

Message has been deleted