maximum nodes generated for abaqus

Sisi Han

Jul 14, 2022, 2:58:32 PM7/14/22
to dream3d-users
hello Michael,

The output of the file for abauqs, _nodes.inp. No matter how many nodes I generated (sometime large as 1,150,000), the last row shows,  999999, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000. Does it mean the maximum nodes can be generated by dream 3d is 999,999? Can you explain why the last row is fixed as this.

Thanks,
Sisi

nodesinp.PNG

Michael Jackson

Jul 15, 2022, 12:29:10 AM7/15/22
to Sisi Han, dream3d-users

Dear Sisi Han,

   I am not the original author of the filter and I personally have little experience with Abaqus. On the surface it looks either like a bug in the version of DREAM3D that you are using or that line means something special to Abaqus. Could you send me the version of DREAM.3D that you are using?

--

Mike Jackson