3D volume texture analysis

aditya shukla

Apr 28, 2023, 2:13:34 AM4/28/23
to dream3d-users
Hi Dream 3D community

Can someone suggest me a pipeline to find grain boundary misorientations. I have looked at filters like Find feature neighbor misorientation. But that gives me only a list of misorientation angles. I want something more visual so that I can see the density of twinning in my 3D material as a function of position.

I read some posts about using meshes do achieve this. I tried to run the quick surface mesh filter but it crashes. Can it be because I put too much data in the pipeline.?

More Theory question- Why does it seem like when calculation misorientation , we can set a threshold on the angle  and do not need to think about axis.  Also while seeing misorieintations in the list  generated by the filter I mentioned above, I only see angles. Does it mean that angles are enough to define misorientations for a polycrystalline single phase sample? (Rotations in axis angle space have both an angle  and axis)

Any help will be appreciated.

Adi