DAMASK 3 - change of input formats

Martin Diehl

Jul 4, 2021, 4:52:12 PM7/4/21
to dream3...@googlegroups.com
Dear DREAM.3D developers,

the input file formats for DAMASK (in particular the spectral/grid solver) will be different in the new DAMASK 3 version which will be released soon.
This will require a new output filter in DREAM.3D.
We have released 4 alpha versions so far, they are documented on damask3.mpie.de
The documentation of the file formats is still WIP (https://damask3.mpie.de/documentation/file_formats.html), but if you already have resources for working on the filters I would be glad to provide help.

best regards,
Martin

Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung GmbH
Max-Planck-Straße 1
D-40237 Düsseldorf

Handelsregister B 2533
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf

Geschäftsführung
Prof. Dr. Gerhard Dehm
Prof. Dr. Jörg Neugebauer
Prof. Dr. Dierk Raabe
Dr. Kai de Weldige

Ust.-Id.-Nr.: DE 11 93 58 514
Steuernummer: 105 5891 1000
Please consider that invitations and e-mails of our institute are
only valid if they end with …@mpie.de.
If you are not sure of the validity please contact r...@mpie.de

Bitte beachten Sie, dass Einladungen zu Veranstaltungen und E-Mails
aus unserem Haus nur mit der Endung …@mpie.de gültig sind.
In Zweifelsfällen wenden Sie sich bitte an r...@mpie.de

Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung GmbH
Max-Planck-Straße 1
D-40237 Düsseldorf

Handelsregister B 2533
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf

Geschäftsführung
Prof. Dr. Gerhard Dehm
Prof. Dr. Jörg Neugebauer
Prof. Dr. Dierk Raabe
Dr. Kai de Weldige

Ust.-Id.-Nr.: DE 11 93 58 514
Steuernummer: 105 5891 1000

Please consider that invitations and e-mails of our institute are
only valid if they end with …@mpie.de
If you are not sure of the validity please contact r...@mpie.de

Bitte beachten Sie, dass Einladungen zu Veranstaltungen und E-Mails
aus unserem Haus nur mit der Endung …@mpie.de gültig sind.
In Zweifelsfällen wenden Sie sich bitte an r...@mpie.de

Michael Jackson

Jul 6, 2021, 9:43:03 AM7/6/21
to Martin Diehl, dream3...@googlegroups.com

Dear Martin,

   Thank you for bringing this to our attention. When the documentation of the new file formats is completed we can work on getting a new exporter put into DREAM.3D.

--

Michael Jackson | Owner, President

      BlueQuartz Software

[e] mike.j...@bluequartz.net

[w] www.bluequartz.net

Mirtunjay Kumar

Apr 21, 2022, 5:28:32 PM4/21/22
to dream3d-users
It seems documentation for new file format is ready. I am not aware how to create any filter for dream.3D. May you please help us in creating a filter for new version of damask3. Link for documentation: https://damask.mpie.de/documentation/file_formats.html