Rolled microstructure with elongated grains and low angle grain boundary

Abhishek Saini

Apr 4, 2022, 3:16:31 AM4/4/22
to dream3d-users
Hi Dream3D team,
I am trying to generate rolled microstructure and followed the pipeline discussed in the conversation "Problem in the fixation of elongated grains size" by Massoud OUDAA.

I want to generate a single-phase microstructure considering low angle grain boundaries, something similar to titanium alloys. This microstructure has very small grains (~6 um), small grains with similar orientations generated the elongated grain colonies as shown in the attached image.

Is it possible to generate such kind of microstructure?
macrostructure.JPG

Abhishek Saini

Apr 7, 2022, 9:13:57 AM4/7/22
to dream3d-users
Hi All,
May I seek the assistance on the below query?
Thanks

Best Regards
Abhishek

On 4 Apr 2022, at 3:16 PM, Abhishek Saini <makeab...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Dream3D team,
I am trying to generate rolled microstructure and followed the pipeline discussed in the conversation "Problem in the fixation of elongated grains size" by Massoud OUDAA.

I want to generate a single-phase microstructure considering low angle grain boundaries, something similar to titanium alloys. This microstructure has very small grains (~6 um), small grains with similar orientations generated the elongated grain colonies as shown in the attached image.

Is it possible to generate such kind of microstructure?

Michael Jackson

Apr 16, 2022, 10:39:05 AM4/16/22
to Abhishek Saini, dream3d-users

There might be some examples in the prebuilt pipelines section of DREAM.3D. There have been lots of discussions over the last 5 years in the development of a pipeline to synthetically produce a Titanium microtextured microstructure. I’m not sure of the outcome of those discussions. I think you could create something morphologically similar to a microtextured structure but not sure how to create the crystallography of the microstructure.

--

Mike Jackson