Can't select Tetragonal Crystal Structures in StatsGenerator

Milad B

Apr 26, 2022, 10:17:38 AM4/26/22
to dream3d-users
Hi,

I am trying to generate a synthetic volume with the primary crystal structure to be "Tetragonal" in the StatsGenerator and I cannot select the "Tetragonal" option (it seems it is disabled, also have attached an image of it).

Please note I have downloaded the DREAM3D-6.5.160 and DREAM3D-6.5.163 versions and have experienced the situation in both versions.

Could you please let me know if I need to use a specific version or change anything to make the "Tetragonal" crystal structure activated.

Regards,

Milad

StatsGenerator_Phase_Properties.jpg

Michael Jackson

Apr 26, 2022, 12:23:50 PM4/26/22
to Milad B, dream3d-users

That option is disabled due to the necessary codes never being developed. Those codes reside in the EBSDLib software library.

--

Mike Jackson

Milad B

Apr 26, 2022, 3:50:16 PM4/26/22
to dream3d-users
Thank you very much for the information! As in a "Tetragonal" crystal structure (a=b≠c) and in a "Cubic" crystal structure is (a=b=c), do you know is it possible to define the a, b, and c length individually as a workaround to force the StatsGenerator to create a "Tetragonal" crystal structure?

Regards,

Milad

Michael Jackson

Apr 27, 2022, 9:18:12 AM4/27/22
to Milad B, dream3d-users

I think you might be confusing the ellipsoid A:B:C ratios for the crystal lattice values?

--

Mike Jackson