Doubts about Feature Ids!

PG Ma

May 16, 2023, 4:59:47 AM5/16/23
to dream3d-users
Hello everyone,

I'm a beginner and there's something I don't understand about Feature Ids!
What does Feature Ids mean, what does it represent and what is it defined by?

Best,
Xm

Michael Jackson

May 16, 2023, 9:53:15 AM5/16/23
to PG Ma, dream3d-users
FeatureIds are the unique values given to each feature in the microstructure. From a historical polycrystalline perspective, the featureId is the “Grain Id”. FeatureIds are generated from the Segmentation filters. FeatureIds link data about each feature (its size, shape, axis, average Euler Angle) to the cell data, i.e., if you give me a specific voxel, by using its featureId I can tell you which feature that voxel belongs to, and then tell you all about that specific feature.

Hope this helps.

Mike Jackson
BlueQuartz Software