Grain ID

pengfei shen

Nov 23, 2022, 7:14:53 PM11/23/22
to dream3d-users
Hello All

I want to cut off the part in the red box from the whole model using the filter 'Crop Geometry(Image)'. But I hope all grains in the small part can keep the grain ID as they are in the whole model. Do you know how to do that?
WeChat Screenshot_20221123170037.png

Thanks
Pengfei

Aditya Venkatraman

Nov 23, 2022, 7:29:50 PM11/23/22
to pengfei shen, dream3d-users
I think the best way is to postprocess the data in Python using the .dream3d output. You can access the featureID under synthetic volume data container --> cell data --> feature IDs. You can compute the centroid of each feature (i.e. grain) and see if it lies to the left of the plane. Just one way to approach this...

Michael Jackson

Nov 24, 2022, 10:49:15 PM11/24/22
to pengfei shen, dream3d-users

There is an option in the Crop Image Geometry filter “Renumber Features” that you should leave UNCHECKED. This will do what you want. Just note that running any kind of filter past that to perform any kind of statistics or much of anything that deals with the Grain Data (Feature Attribute Matrix) will probably crash DREAM.3D. This is because the “FeatureIds” array acts as the lookup index into the “Feature Attribute Matrix”, i.e., the data about the grains. Because the Feature Ids are not contiguous there are going to be problems at this point.

And if you _do_ check the box for “Renumber Features” then this will invalidate the Feature Attribute Matrix that you might have built.

We should have a filter to copy the feature ids into their own array to keep them around (as an option) so you can map the old Ids to the new Ids.

--

Mike Jackson

From: dream3...@googlegroups.com <dream3...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of pengfei shen <pshen...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 19:14