Calculation of Euler angles, average misorientation etc

Samuel Alfred

Jun 6, 2023, 10:55:46 AM6/6/23
to dream3d-users
Hello everyone.

Is there a way to see how Dream3D calculates the Euler angles and the misorientation between grains? I have generated some data from Dream3D a while back (In a csv file) and I want to compute some of these. I cannot run the pipelines for these data because if I do so, I will get a different grain statistics. Thanks

Samuel

Anthony Rollett

Jun 6, 2023, 11:01:56 AM6/6/23
to dream3d-users
2015-MSMSE-Rowenhorst-Consistent representations of and conversions between 3D rotations Orientation sampling for dictionary-based.pdf

Michael Jackson

Jun 6, 2023, 5:00:45 PM6/6/23
to Samuel Alfred, dream3d-users
The source codes are here:

And referencing the paper that Dr. Rollett sent along, the conversions between the various representations are captured in these codes:

There is a lot of abbreviation going on in that last file. For example “eu2qu” would convert an Euler angle to a Quaternion.

Let us know if this helps.

Mike Jackson

Samuel Alfred

Jun 7, 2023, 11:24:15 AM6/7/23