Periodic boundary

Avery Yance

Oct 20, 2022, 8:09:38 AM10/20/22
to dream3d-users
Hi Mike,
When I choose the 3D model, it perfectly implements the periodic boundary. But when I choose the 2.5-dimensional model, I don't seem to be able to achieve periodic bounds. May I ask why this is? The following picture is a comparison of two kinds of pictures and my pipeline.
Looking forward to your reply

Best wishes to you,
Avery Yance
2.5D1.png2.5D.png3D1.jpg3D.png
K4169.rar

Michael Jackson

Avery Yance

Oct 20, 2022, 10:30:21 PM10/20/22
to dream3d-users
Hi Mike,
Thank you for your answer. You mean the first step I can create a 3D microstructure. Generate the dream3d file. In the second step, I can cut the above dream3d file to the thickness of z axis to 1 by clipping. Can I do that, please? Does the amount of pre-formed grain matter? Looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes to you,
Avery Yance

Michael Jackson

Oct 21, 2022, 9:29:48 AM10/21/22
to Avery Yance, dream3d-users

I would make the z thickness at least 2x what your average grain size is set to. That should give you acceptable results.

--

Mike Jackson

20221020日星期四 UTC+8 21:45:10<mike.j...@bluequartz.net> 写道:

[...]

Image removed by sender.Image removed by sender.Image removed by sender.Image removed by sender.