Constructing a microstructure of layered( lamellar) grains

Study Boy

Jul 16, 2024, 7:33:17 AM (11 days ago) Jul 16
to dream3d-users
Hello, everyone. I want to ask you how to construct the microstructure of layered( lamellar) grains. I currently have two ideas. One is an entirely layered( lamellar) structure, like the microstructure scanned by EBSD, similar to the attached picture 1; the other is to generate a layered structure in the spherical structure, similar to B in the attached picture 2. Unfortunately, I have not found a suitable filter to complete my idea for both methods, and I hope to communicate with you.

Huigao TANG
Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering
Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China
2-RVE.png
1-EBSD.jpg

Michael Jackson

Jul 17, 2024, 2:07:00 PM (10 days ago) Jul 17
to Study Boy, dream3d-users
There is a filter called “Insert Transformation Phase” that might help with one of the ideas. That is currently only in DREAM.3D version 6.5 and 6.6

--
Mike Jackson                    mike.j...@bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software         www.bluequartz.net

Study Boy

Jul 20, 2024, 1:20:34 AM (7 days ago) Jul 20
to dream3d-users

Thank you for sharing. I have tried Insert Transformation Phases. Unfortunately, I don’t know why only some of the grains have the strips inserted into them. I hope all of them can be inserted in strips and a grain has a certain orientation (0 45 90). If you have a good idea, I hope you can share it.

Huigao TANG
Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering
Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China
insert.png