Mesh question

make Hannhbl

Jul 2, 2022, 11:08:21 PM7/2/22
to dream3d-users
Hi, Mike

I generated the INP file for ABAQUS from Dream3D. But its grid is all hexahedral, so I think I need a triangular grid. Which filter in Dream3D can do this? Looking forward to your reply.

With best wishes for you.

James

Michael Jackson

Jul 6, 2022, 10:59:25 AM7/6/22
to make Hannhbl, dream3d-users

There is a filter called “Quick Surface Mesh” that will generate a Triangular surface mesh. You can try this filter. The mesh generated though is more useful for visualization over Abaqus inputs. You can then export the surface mesh as STL files and then import all of the STL files into Abaqus. Very tedious to do it this way.

--

Mike Jackson