creating a "buffer" layer in RVE for PRISMS

Ripudaman Singh

Oct 12, 2022, 4:41:29 AM10/12/22
to dream3d-users
Hello team,
I want to generate an RVE with two phases stacked on top of each other, where one of the phases will be attributed as a buffer. I have tried this using the answers given here (with append z), but I want to incorporate it into the pipeline for PRISMS especially. I have attached my attempt (also the original pipeline) with this, kindly suggest corrections.
Regards,
Ripudaman
PRISMS_pipeline_fcc.json
Screenshot 2022-10-12 140819.png
PRISM_buffer.json

Ripudaman Singh

Oct 13, 2022, 6:41:41 AM10/13/22
to dream3d-users
Adding to my previous entry, for PRISM, I want an output file with the following structure - euler1, euler2, euler3, phase (attached below). I am not able to get the correct phase in the last column. Although I can get different phases in Paraview.

Regards,
Ripudaman

PRISMS_buffer_new.json
orientations.txt
Screenshot 2022-10-13 161000.png

Michael Jackson

Oct 16, 2022, 10:02:03 PM10/16/22
to Ripudaman Singh, dream3d-users

Does the second buffer layer actually contain any data or does this phase just have dummy data for things like Euler Angles and such? You can in theory create 2 synthetics and use the “Append Z Slice” filter to then stack them on top of each other. You could try to generate a single synthetic but use a “mask” to mask off the layer that you do not want to have any data. There are a few ways that this could be accomplished. It just depends on how much up front work needs to be done to prepare the voxel grid.

--

Michael Jackson | Owner, President

      BlueQuartz Software

[e] mike.j...@bluequartz.net

[w] www.bluequartz.net

Michael Jackson

Oct 16, 2022, 10:21:06 PM10/16/22
to Ripudaman Singh, dream3d-users

The issue is that when you Append Z Slice you are just taking the raw cell level voxel data from the ‘Buffer’ and stacking it on top of the actual synthetic. This is OK to do but it does “Invalidate” the Cell Feature Data Attribute Matrix data arrays (which you are eventually exporting). When that Attribute Matrix was created there was ONLY 1 phase created. Now you have introduced a second phase without “informing” the Cell Ensemble data that there is a second phase which then has ramifications for the Cell Feature Attribute Matrix. Do you want an actual buffer layer of empty data?

Please see the attached pipeline and take a look at the results and let me know if this achieves the results that you were looking for. Do you want to just have a giant slab of “Feature ID = 0” or do you need an actual valid Feature ID?

From: <dream3...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Ripudaman Singh <ripuda...@gmail.com>

Date: Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 6:41 AM
To: dream3d-users <dream3...@googlegroups.com>

Ripudaman_Modified.json

Ripudaman Singh

Oct 17, 2022, 4:05:25 AM10/17/22
to dream3d-users
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply. I want two synthetics stacked on top of each other, with one of them as phase 1 and the other as phase 2(buffer). I want actual valid featureIDs for both of them. Using the pipeline you attached, I am getting the output (orientation.txt file) for the main phase only, not the buffer. The structure of the file I want is [featureID, vec1, vec2, vec3, phase].
Say there are 150 features in the first synthetic (main) and 50 in the second synthetic (buffer), then I want the output to read 200 lines, with featureIDs ranging from 1 to 200. I am also attaching an example file (orientations_example) which contains 2 grains of different phases (1 and 2).
Thanks again.
Regards,
Ripudaman
orientations_example.txt
orientations.txt

Subhadip Sahoo

Jul 3, 2023, 5:49:10 PM7/3/23
to dream3d-users
Hello Ripudaman,

I am also working on similar topic currently. So, finally are you able to get the two phases stack together(naming phase 1 and phase 2)?
If you are able to do that can you kindly tell us how you did that?
I appreciate it. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Subhadip