Avoiding misaligned grains when creating synthetic rolled microstructures

瀏覽次數:36 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Cameron Grant

未讀,
2022年5月9日 上午10:21:392022/5/9
收件者:dream3d-users
Hi folks,

Is there a way to avoid slightly misaligned grains appearing throughout my microstructure? I would much prefer if all of my grains were nice and flat, and didn't have any slight incline associated with them. Hopefully it's clear from the attached image what I'm talking about. I would like my grains to be nice and 'flat' like the red line, but instead I see the purple case where the grain is inclined slightly. dream3d_issue_2.png
I've tried to ensure the grains are flat by using the axis odf tab to strongly align my grains in the x-direction, however it doesn't seem to have worked. I used a weighting factor of 50000 and a sigma value of 1. Is it possible to reduce this sigma value below a value of 1?

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cameron

Michael Jackson

未讀,
2022年5月11日 上午8:57:572022/5/11
收件者:Cameron Grant、dream3d-users

Dear Cameron,

   You will most likely always get some grains that are not flat due to how the algorithm for creating the grains works. You could try an even larger weight value and stretch the grains even more through the A:B:C ratio that you setup.

--

Mike Jackson

On 5/9/22, 10:21 AM, "Cameron Grant" <dream3...@googlegroups.com on behalf of cameronja...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks,

Is there a way to avoid slightly misaligned grains appearing throughout my microstructure? I would much prefer if all of my grains were nice and flat, and didn't have any slight incline associated with them. Hopefully it's clear from the attached image what I'm talking about. I would like my grains to be nice and 'flat' like the red line, but instead I see the purple case where the grain is inclined slightly.

I've tried to ensure the grains are flat by using the axis odf tab to strongly align my grains in the x-direction, however it doesn't seem to have worked. I used a weighting factor of 50000 and a sigma value of 1. Is it possible to reduce this sigma value below a value of 1?

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cameron

回覆所有人
回覆作者