Loosing Data From 2D slice

David Harra

Nov 24, 2022, 3:37:41 PM11/24/22
to dream3d-users
I have generated a 3D rolled microstructure which I have taken a 2D slice from.

I apply the find feature size filter and use the export feature data as CSV so that I can threshold the equivalent diameters.

I have noticed that when extracting a 2D slice and obtaining the equivalent diameters, lots of the entries are showing the equivalent diameters to be zero and I don't understand why this is happening as every feature should have a value?

Has anyone else experienced this or have an explanation when going from 3D to 2D?

Thanks

Dave :)

Michael Jackson

Nov 24, 2022, 10:44:19 PM11/24/22
to David Harra, dream3d-users

Could you send a Pipeline and what version of DREAM.3D that you are using?

--

Mike Jackson

David Harra

Nov 26, 2022, 7:39:48 PM11/26/22
to dream3d-users
Hi Mike.

I am using Dream.3D version  6.5.163 on windows.

I have attached a folder containing the pipeline for this.

MTR_Slice.json takes the slice from my 3D microstructure and MTR_Stats exports my statistics where you will see some of the equivalent diameters are zero. Which is making me think the Amira file I am exporting could be wrong too.

Thanks

Dave :)
MTR_Slice.json
MTR_Stats.json