how to generate hierarchy microstructures in Dream 3D?

Tucik Fadu

Aug 30, 2021, 6:08:26 PM8/30/21
to dream3d-users
Hi everyone,
I am new to Dream 3D and asked to generate a model for lath martensite. The lath martensite has a 3-level hierarchy substructures: Grain, Packet and Block. Grain contains several packets and packet contains several blocks. After learning some basics i know that Dream3D can ensemble different  topological levels., but i still don't know how to ensemble these topological levels.
With Best Regards !

Study Boy

Jun 6, 2024, 7:44:32 AM (14 days ago) Jun 6
to dream3d-users
Hi,
     I plan to conduct CPFEM simulations of martensitic steels using DAMASK, an essential part of my master's project. The goal is to investigate the dynamic deformation behaviors of martensite. However, I need to learn how to build the crystal model of martensite. I would really appreciate it if you shared the Dream3D pipeline for making martensite.

Have a good day!

Kind regards,
Huigao

Michael Jackson

Jun 7, 2024, 9:26:26 AM (13 days ago) Jun 7
to Study Boy, dream3d-users
Dear Huigao,
     I do not have any premade pipelines to generate a martensite steel phase. Maybe someone in the community has something that they can share.
--
Mike Jackson                    mike.j...@bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software         www.bluequartz.net